ISIS strikes again in France with terrorists carrying out a mission of death then leaving the hallmarks of ISIS behind. A suspect has been taken into custody and had been a person of interest to the French police. We’ve been warned and so has France. In January, ISIS released a video claiming that they would target the US and France with bombs and beheadings. 

Saint-Quentin-Fallavier (France) (AFP) – A suspected Islamist attacked a gas factory in eastern France on Friday, pinning a decapitated head to the gates and injuring at least two others with explosive devices before being arrested.

“According to the initial findings of the inquiry, one or several individuals on board a vehicle drove into the factory. An explosion then took place,” said one source close to the inquiry.

“The decapitated body of a person was found nearby the factory but we do not yet know whether the body was transported to the place or not,” added this source, adding that a “flag with Arabic writing on it was found at the scene.”

French President Francois Hollande, who rushed back to France from a summit of EU leaders in Brussels to deal with the crisis, said the assault was a “terrorist attack”.

He added that the attacker has been identified and there may have been a second attacker.

“This attack was in a vehicle driven by one person, perhaps accompanied by another, which rammed its way at high speed into this establishment which contained bottles of gas,” Hollande told a hastily convened news conference.

“The intent was without doubt to cause an explosion. It was a terrorist attack.”

The killing came nearly six months after the Islamist attacks in and around Paris that killed 17 people in January, starting with a shooting at satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.

One suspect entered the factory owned by American group Air Products and set off several small explosive devices, sources close to the investigation said, with several people hurt in the assault.

Police said it was unclear whether the attacker was acting alone, or had accomplices.

The man thought to be the person who carried out the attack has been arrested, according to sources close to the inquiry, who said he was known to the security services.
“We cannot say anything reliable yet about the identity of the person arrested who is refusing to speak and did not have any identity papers,” said a legal source.

Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve, who also rushed to the scene, said the suspect arrested was investigated nine years ago for radicalisation and has links to the Salafist movement.

“He was investigated in 2006 for radicalisation, but (the probe) was not renewed in 2008. He had no criminal record,” Cazeneuve said. “This individual has links with the Salafist movement, but had not been identified as having participated in activities of a terrorist nature.”

Prime Minister Manuel Valls, who is on an official trip in South America, ordered increased security measures at all sensitive sites in the area.

Anti-terrorist prosecutors immediately took up the case.

Prime Minister Manuel Valls ordered increased security measures at all sensitive sites in the area.


Read more: Yahoo

Join The Conversation: Leave a Comment