In December of 2019, a Saudi military trainee Mohammed Alshamrani shot and killed three sailors and wounded eight others at the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida. Today, Attorney General Barr held a press conference to give an update on the terrorist and the success in getting into the terrorist’s phone with no help from Apple:
The DOJ did not have the passwords from the terrorist’s phone and asked Apple for the passwords. The FBI had “probable cause” to get into the phones, but Apple would not give out the passwords. Both the president and the FBI were denied the passwords.
Luckily, the FBI was able to get into the phone and discovered the man is a terrorist connected to the Middle East terrorist group Al Queada.
Listen below as Attorney General Barr goes through the steps the FBI took to get information on this terrorist:
AG Barr says Apple refused to help them get into a terrorist cell phone eventually the FBI was able to get into it. pic.twitter.com/mw91Csplkg
— The Dirty Truth (Josh) (@AKA_RealDirty) May 18, 2020
OUR PREVIOUS REPORT ON THE TERROR ATTACK:
Attorney General Bill Barr announced today during a press conference that the attack at a US Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida, in December was an “act of terrorism.” AG Barr said that Alshamrani was motivated by ‘jihadist ideology’ and had posted a cryptic message on social media last year:
“During the course of the investigation, we learned that the shooter posted a message on September 11 of last year stating, “The countdown has begun.”‘
December 6th, in a 15-minute shooting spree, Saudi military trainee Mohammed Alshamrani shot and killed three sailors and wounded eight others.
Alshamrani was killed by a sheriff’s deputy upon arrival at around the 8-minute mark of the incident.
Barr spoke at the press conference today:
As reported yesterday, the US is removing 21 Saudi military students from a training program and sending them back to Saudi Arabia:
Last month, the deadly shooting at a Pensacola, Florida Naval Air Station called attention to the Saudi servicemen training at US military installations. Several Saudi trainees at the Pensacola base were confined to their quarters after the shooting. The FBI began an investigation into the tragedy as a possible terror attack. The Pentagon also initiated a review of all 850 Saudi military trainees in the US.
According to CNN, about one dozen Saudi trainees will be expelled from the US after the review. The expelled Saudi trainees aren’t accused of assisting the Saudi Air Force second lieutenant who killed three American sailors. CNN sources say some of the Saudis have connections to extremist movements.
A spokesman for the Department of Defense Lt. Col. Robert Carver:
“In the wake of the Pensacola tragedy, the Department of Defense restricted to classroom training programs foreign military students from Saudi Arabia while we conducted a review and enhancement of our foreign student vetting procedures. That training pause is still in place while we implement new screening and security measures.”
THE PREVIOUS REPORT ON THE DECEMBER SHOOTING:
Yesterday, at 6:30 am CT, an attack took place on the Naval Air Station in Pensacola, Florida.
The shooter who opened fire, killing three people and injuring several others, has been identified as Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani.
The AP reported that the Florida Naval station shooting suspect was an aviation officer in the Saudi Air Force, U.S. officials said Friday, as the FBI and other authorities began investigating the incident to determine if it was terrorism-related.
The officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation, said the suspect was a second lieutenant attending the aviation school at the base. Military from around the globe attends the Naval Air Station in Pensacola for flight training.
The shooter was killed after local Escambia County Police Officers responded. Two heroic police officers were shot during their attempt to stop the shooter but are expected to recover.
BREAKING: Rep. Matt Gaetz just announced to ABC News: “This was not a murder. This was an act of terror.”
This was not a murder. This was an act of terrorism. pic.twitter.com/AJfTQOOE68
— Rep. Matt Gaetz (@RepMattGaetz) December 6, 2019
The style of the #Pensacolashooting doesn’t necessarily resemble one group over another. However, given that ISIS has very little to lose at this point, it wouldn’t be surprising if it claimed the attack, regardless of the attacker’s potential allegiances.
BREAKING: Tweet by #Pensacola attacker Alshamrani suggests terrorist motive. Does not claim allegiance to any group, but echos Bin Laden: “The security is a shared destiny…You will not be safe until we live it as reality in [Palestine], and American troops get out of our land.”
BREAKING: Tweet by #Pensacola attacker Alshamrani suggests terrorist motive. Does not claim allegiance to any group, but echos Bin Laden: "The security is a shared destiny…You will not be safe until we live it as reality in [Palestine], and American troops get out of our land." pic.twitter.com/KALH4PXYKy
— Rita Katz (@Rita_Katz) December 7, 2019
The Gateway Pundit reports – According to Laura Ingraham, three Saudi nationals were filming the terrorist attack today at the Pensacola base.
Six Saudi nationals were arrested following the terrorist attack.