The man police believe is responsible for a rash of bombing incidents in Texas is dead after setting off an explosive device in his car.

The suspect was identified by police as a 24-year-old white male. The detonation in his vehicle was self-inflicted.

While authorities are confident they have the right man, they are warning the public that other devices could still be out there, planted by the individual before his death.

Here’s more from KVUE:

Authorities said they used surveillance video from the FedEx store on Brodie Lane in South Austin to lead them to the suspect, according to KVUE’s Tony Plohetski. Authorities also got information from Google and from the suspect’s computer history that confirmed the suspect was looking at information on where to go to ship devices, according to Plohetski’s sources.

Trending: MUST WATCH: His 11-Yr-Old Daughter Inspired Him To Speak Out Against Vaccine Mandates...And When He Did, His Powerful Story About Being Fired From His Highly Specialized Job Went Viral

WFAA’s Jason Whitely said law enforcement had identified the suspect at approximately 9 p.m. Tuesday and were closing in on him based on packages he sent from FedEx. Whitely added that police wanted to surprise the man.

Authorities located the vehicle the suspect was known to be driving, and found it at a hotel in Round Rock, Manley said.

Multiple officers from the Austin Police Department and federal agencies took positions around the hotel as they awaited the arrival of tactical teams, Manley said.

The vehicle started to drive away, and authorities followed the suspect. Manley said the suspect’s vehicle stopped in a ditch on the side of the road. As a SWAT team approached the vehicle, the suspect detonated a device, Manley said. The explosion knocked an officer back, causing the officer to suffer minor injuries. Another officer who Manley said has been with the department for 11 years then fired at the vehicle. That officer has been placed on administrative duty, per standard procedure.

As of now, police do not have a concrete motive for why this young man was making and planting these bombs, nor do they know if the bomb he used to kill himself was actually intended for a different target.

Police say they have no idea about the whereabouts of the bomber for the last 24 hours, which is why they are cautioning folks to be alert and aware of any suspicious looking packages.

This whole incident just goes to show that despite all of the laws on the books, if someone is bent on hurting others, destroying property, and taking their own life, they’ll find a way to accomplish their mission.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.