In a court hearing this morning, it was revealed by Jennifer Robinson, one of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange’s attorneys, that Republican Congressman Dand Rohrabacher and Trump associate Charles Johnson met with Julian Assange on August 15, 2017, at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, on behalf of Donald Trump.
According to Robinson, they offered him a ‘win-win’ deal to avoid extradition if he disclosed the source behind leaked DNC emails.
According to the Daily Mail – 49-year-old Assange is fighting extradition to the US following the leaks of hundreds of thousands of classified documents in 2010 and 2011.
At his extradition hearing at the Old Bailey today, Ms. Robinson made a statement in which she recalled a meeting with the pair on August 15, 2017, at the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where Assange was holed up until being turfed out last year.
She said: ‘They stated that President Trump was aware of and had approved of them coming to meet with Mr. Assange to discuss a proposal – and that they would have an audience with the president to discuss the matter on their return to Washington DC.
‘Congressman Rohrabacher explained he wanted to resolve the ongoing speculation about Russian involvement in the Democratic National Committee leaks to WikiLeaks, which were published by WikiLeaks and other media organizations in 2016.
‘He stated that he regarded the ongoing speculation as damaging to US-Russian relations, that it was reviving Cold War politics, and that it would be in the best interests of the US if the matter could be resolved.
‘Ms. Robinson said Mr. Rohrabacher said he had come to London to talk to Assange about ‘what might be necessary to get him out’ and presented him with a ‘win-win situation’ which would allow him to leave the embassy and ‘get on with his life’ without fear of extradition to the US.
‘The meeting was concluded on the basis that Congressman Rohrabacher would return to have a direct conversation with President Trump about exactly what would be done to prevent Mr. Assange’s indictment and extradition.’
Why is Julian Assange still protecting the identity of the DNC email leaks?
In a stunning interview with on the Dutch television program Nieuwsuur, Julian Assange explains why Wikileaks goes to great lengths to protect their sources. Curiously, Assange brought up the murder of Seth Rich while discussing the leaked DNC emails that Wikileaks made public in 2016.
We reported on the July 10, 2016 murder of Seth Rich, who was hired by the Democrat Party as the official “voter expansion data director.” Although no connection has been proven, he was clearly privy to information that could potentially harm the Democrat Party, and more specifically Hillary Clinton’s chances of winning the election in November.
Rich was shot in the back several times but wasn’t robbed. He was left to die a short distance from his home in gun-free Washington D.C.
Read the entire story HERE.
Many speculated that Rich was the source of the DNC email leaks. On Aug. 9, 2016, Wikileaks founder Julian Assange appeared on the Dutch television program Nieuwsuur, where he was asked if Seth Rich was his source for the DNC emails? The reporter taunted Assange, calling Trump’s campaign a “disaster.” “If you look at the polls, he needs a miracle,” the host suggested, asking Assange if he has an “October surprise” in store for the public and if he’s “sitting on” another bombshell? Assange told him that Wikileaks never “sits on material,” as he immediately shifted the conversation to whistleblowers, and to the murder of Seth Rich.
“Whistleblowers go to significant efforts to get us material and often very significant risks. As a 27-year-old, works for the DNC, was shot in the back, murdered just a few weeks ago for unknown reasons as he was walking down the street in Washington,” Assange told the Dutch television reporter.
That was just a robbery, I believe. Wasn’t it?
No. There’s no finding. So… I’m suggesting that our sources take risks.
What are you suggesting?
I’m suggesting our sources, uh, take risks and they become concerned to see things occurring like that.
But was he one of your sources then?
Julian Assange refused to answer the question, “We don’t comment on who our sources are.”
“But why make the suggestion?” He asked, adding, “About a young guy being shot on the streets of Washington?”
Assange replied, “Because we have to understand how high the stakes are in the United States. And that our sources are—our sources face serious risks and that’s why they come to us, to protect their anonymity.”
The reporter balked at Assange’s assertion, “But it’s quite something to suggest a murder. That’s basically what you’re doing.”
Assange calmly explained, “Well, others have suggested that. We are investigating to understand uh, what happened in that situation with Seth Rich. I think it is a concerning situation.” Assange added, “There’s not a conclusion yet. We wouldn’t be willing to state a conclusion, but we are concerned about it. More importantly, a variety of Wikileaks sources are concerned when that kind of thing happens.”
Watch Assange interview here:
On the same day as his interview, Julian Assange offered a $20,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of the person or people who murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich.
ANNOUNCE: WikiLeaks has decided to issue a US$20k reward for information leading to conviction for the murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich.
— WikiLeaks (@wikileaks) August 9, 2016
The far-left rag Rolling Stone wrote about how Mueller’s final report accused Assange of “falsely implying” Rich provided the stolen DNC emails to WikiLeaks. “Beginning in the summer of 2016, Assange and WikiLeaks made a number of statements about Seth Rich, a former DNC staff member who was killed in July 2016,” the report said. “The statements about Rich implied falsely that he had been the source of the stolen DNC emails.”
Is it possible the Seth Rich information could have been kept on one of the 27 cell phones belonging to Mueller’s team that were wiped clean before they could be inspected by the DOJ inspector general?
Yahoo – At least 27 cell phones belonging to members of Mueller’s team were wiped clean of data before the DOJ inspector general could comb them for records, the DOJ said in records released Thursday. Including mobile phones that were “reassigned,” members of the Special Counsel’s office wiped a total of 31 phones.
Several of the phones were wiped “accidentally,” some after the wrong password was entered too many times. Andrew Weismann, a top prosecutor on Mueller’s team, “accidentally wiped” his mobile phone more than once, causing the data to be lost, the DOJ said. A phone belonging to assistant special counsel James Quarles “wiped itself without intervention from him,” the DOJ’s records state.
The cell phone of FBI lawyer Lisa Page was misplaced by the special counsel’s office. While it was eventually obtained by the DOJ inspector general, by that point the phone had been restored to its factory settings, wiping it of all data. The phone of FBI agent Peter Strzok was also obtained by the inspector general’s office, which found “no substantive texts, notes or reminders” on it.
Daily Mail – The barrister added that Assange did not provide any source of information.
He is facing 18 charges – including plotting to hack computers and conspiring to obtain and disclose national defense information.