The Biden campaign is asking for two breaks during the 90-minute commercial-free showdown.

President Trump is asking for an additional ground-rule ahead of Tuesday night’s first presidential debate between himself and Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

Fox News learned that the president’s re-election campaign wants the Biden campaign to allow a third party to inspect the ears of each debater for electronic devices. The president has consented to this kind of inspection, but Biden has not, so far, sources said.

Trending: “Four Years Ago,” Trump Was “my last choice”…”Now, I will walk across a vast plain of burning coals to cast my vote”

Over the last several weeks, Biden’s campaign has also requested two breaks, one every 30 minutes, to break up the 90-minute commercial-free program. But that request has been denied by the Trump campaign.

A Trump campaign source told Fox News that “our guy doesn’t need breaks. He gives 90-minute speeches all the time.”

Fox Business broke the details regarding the Trump campaign’s request for a third-party inspector to look for electronic devices in the candidates’ ears on Tuesday morning.

WATCH:

Should Trump appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Bidens?

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Completing this poll entitles you to 100 Percent Fed Up updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime with a single click. Here's our Privacy Policy.

(Video Courtesy of Jim Hoft)

The debate, the first of three between President Trump and Former Vice President Joe Biden, kicks off at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday and is being hosted by Case Western Reserve University and the Cleveland Clinic, in Cleveland, Ohio. The showdown’s being moderated by “Fox News Sunday” anchor Chris Wallace.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.