Last week, the Trump administration scored a huge legal victory when the 2nd U.S. District Court of Appeals in Manhattan overturned a lower court’s decision that prohibited them from penalizing sanctuary cities by withholding millions of dollars in law enforcement grants.
According to the AP – The ruling by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan overturned a lower court’s decision ordering the administration to release funding to New York City and seven states — New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, Washington, Massachusetts, Virginia, and Rhode Island.
The states and city sued the U.S. government after the Justice Department announced in 2017 that it would withhold grant money from cities and states until they gave federal immigration authorities access to jails and provide advance notice when someone in the country illegally is about to be released.
Unfortunately, for one little 3-year-old girl who was trapped inside a McDonald’s bathroom stall in the sanctuary city of Chicago, IL, with an illegal alien rapist, help came too late.
The Daily Mail reports – A Mexican immigrant who was released by Chicago authorities despite ICE telling them not to ‘went on to rape a three-year-old girl in a McDonald’s bathroom as she cried ”daddy, daddy”.’
Christopher Puente, 34, is accused of sexually assaulting the girl at the restaurant on 600 N. Clark St. in the River North area of the city at around 8 am on February 19.
The alleged attack happened while the girl’s father was in another stall with her brother, who had had an accident in the restaurant.
However, ICE had requested that police continue detaining the previously deported felon – who had convictions for forced-entry burglary and forgery.
Far left, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends its sanctuary city policy, calling ICE a “weaponized and politicized” organization. Lightfoot is worried about arrests of illegal alien parents traumatizing their children while ignoring the victims of illegal alien crime in her city.
ICE has said this is an increasingly common battle, with the agency reporting that Cook County, which includes Chicago, denied more than 1,000 detainer requests in 2019 alone.
Puente’s bond hearing in Cook County heard the little girl’s mouth was covered as she began whimpering ‘daddy, daddy’ – before her father pulled her legs from under the door to get her to safety.
The horrific ordeal was relayed in court where the accused rapist appeared for the first time.
Robert Guadian, field office director of Chicago Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO), blamed ‘irresponsible lawmaking’ for Puentes release.
‘How many more victims must there be before lawmakers realize that sanctuary policies do not protect the innocent?’ Guadian said.
‘Puente should have been in ICE custody last year and removed to his home country. Instead, irresponsible lawmaking allowed him to walk free and prey on our most vulnerable,’ he told Fox News.
Images of Puente on surveillance footage were circulated through a community alert and he was later brought in by police for an unrelated criminal trespass before being linked to the assault case.
Last week, the Trump administration