On Tuesday, a Portland man was charged with assaulting a U.S. Marshals Officer with a baseball bat from behind during a riot at the U.S. Courthouse in Portland back on July 27th.

According to a news release from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the suspect, Dakotah Ray Hortin, has been charged by criminal complaint with one count of assaulting a federal officer.

In the early morning hours of July 27th, rioters attempted to destroy a security fence that was set up in front of the federal courthouse with power tools. As rioters continued to try and take down the fence, many of them began attacking law enforcement officers by throwing harmful objects, such as glass bottles and explosive devices at them.

Trending: Jimmy Kimmel Tries To Humiliate Mike Lindell By Putting Him Inside A Claw Machine, But Mike Gets Last Laugh When He Brilliantly Turns The Tables On The Far-Left Host [VIDEO]

Allegedly, rioters ignored the many repeated orders that were given to them, telling them to disperse and leave the area.

Use promo code FedUp at checkout and save big on MyPillow bed sheets. (100 Percent Fed Up benefits when you use this promo code.)

Deputies moved forward in a line in an attempt to disperse the large, violent crowd of ANTIFA and BLM rioters. One of the rioters began assaulting an officer and as another officer knelt down to assist in arresting the individual, Horton approached him from behind and struck the deputy in the upper back, neck, and shoulder with a wooden baseball bat.


The injured deputy, as well as other individuals, saw Horton pointing the bat at him.  The assault was captured on video and shared on social media. The officer suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

In an effort to identify Horton, the U.S. Marshals Service distributed a bulletin law enforcement agencies across Portland seeking their assistance. The bulletin included a full-body image of Horton as well as many close-up photos of his face that were collected from videos posted online.

Within two weeks, Horton was spotted in the Rock Creek area of Washington County. Horton was arrested without incident. During his arrest, deputies found a loaded firearm concealed in his waistband.

According to reports, Horton made his initial appearance in federal court on August 18th and he is now being held at the Multnomah County Detention Center pending further court proceedings.

If convicted, Horton could see up to 20 years in federal prison for assaulting a federal officer with a deadly or dangerous weapon.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.