Earlier this week, FOX News settled with election data company Dominion for $787.5 million.
As part of the settlement, FOX was forced to admit that it erroneously reported about Dominion on top of paying them the $787.5 million.
FOX was not forced to issue an apology to Dominion as part of the settlement, however.
FOX likely made the settlement to avoid a long, drawn-out court battle where some of its top hosts would have been forced to testify, including Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson.
Still, the company may be looking to let a few of its hosts go who played a significant role in the company being sued in the first place.
Trending: WTH?? NYC MAYOR: “It’s My Vision” to Begin Moving Illegal Aliens Into “Private Residences”—“They have spare rooms” [VIDEO]
Key stakeholder Rupert Murdoch threw multiple hosts under the bus during his testimony regarding the lawsuit, including Maria Bartiromo and Lou Dobbs.
People have already started to speculate that Bartiromo and host Jeanine Pirro may be on the chopping block after the settlement.
Others have said that while the hosts will almost certainly be issued a ‘stern warning’, they may not be fired outright.
Conservative Brief Reports–
Deciphering the post-settlement legal murmurs surrounding Fox’s new vulnerabilities, audience leakage, and a potential blood sacrifice.
With Puck’s @tina_nguyen, @DylanByers, and @eriqgardner https://t.co/VnmHkfUAAz
— Puck (@PuckNews) April 19, 2023
Since Fox News agreed to pay Dominion $787.5 million to end their legal dispute, there has been speculation as to what the network’s next decision would be. Some of the speculation, which is unconfirmed, points to two popular hosts possibly getting the ax, Radar Online reported.
Dylan Byers, who founded Puck News, has predicted Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro are going to be the two hosts that are going to be booted. Some other reports have suggested, without any substantial proof, that even host Sean Hannity could face some sort of warning.
But, Byers said, there is a chance that they would not be fired but given a stern warning to be careful of what they say in the future.
“So I anticipate one of two things will happen here, or has perhaps already happened: The first possibility is that Fox News C.E.O. Suzanne Scott sits down with Bartiromo and Pirro and anyone else who came up to the line of libel and says, be careful,” he said.
“Alternatively, Rupert and Suzanne have already decided to elegantly and eventually show Bartiromo and/or Pirro the door,” he said.