The Department of Justice is set to allow Congress access to the “Comey memos” sometime on Thursday, which, according to one Democrat could spell the end of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.
Here’s the Washington Examiner with more details:
House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., and House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes, R-Ca., said in a letter to Justice Department officials earlier this week that there is “no legal basis for withholding these materials from Congress.”
Comey, who was fired by President Trump last May, said in congressional testimony that he kept memos memorializing conversations with the president.
The top Democrat on the House Judiciary Committee said late Wednesday that Goodlatte was poised to subpoena the Justice Department for the memos.
Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., warned such a move puts Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein in jeopardy of being placed in contempt of Congress and the special counsel investigation of being shut down prematurely.
The whole investigation has been nothing more than a witch hunt designed by the left to try removing Trump from the Oval Office and grinding his agenda for America to a halt.
There’s been no substantiated evidence of any sort of Russian collusion, yet the left continues to push on, hoping for anything to come to the surface so they can bring the Trump administration down to the ground.
Bringing this fruitless investigation to an end would be a breath of fresh air for the country and would vindicate Trump and his supporters who have been calling progressives out on their search and destroy mission.
We won’t have long to wait to find out the impact of these memos, so stay tuned.