President Trump plans to participate in next week’s debate in person, his campaign said Tuesday.
“The President intends to participate in the debate in person,” the campaign’s communications director, Tim Murtaugh, said in a statement to The Hill.
Trump himself signaled earlier in the day that he would take part in the debate following a Tuesday morning tweet “FEELING GREAT!”
The debate is scheduled to take place on Oct. 15, which would be 13 days from when Trump first revealed his diagnosis.
“I am looking forward to the debate on the evening of Thursday, October 15th in Miami. It will be great!” Trump tweeted.
Trump first revealed that he tested positive for COVID-19 early last Friday morning, and he has had symptoms since at least then.
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has said he would take part in next week’s town hall style debate if medical experts deem it safe. “If the scientists say that it’s safe, that the distances are safe, then I think that’s fine,” Biden said Monday. “I’ll do whatever the experts say is appropriate thing to do.”
Meanwhile, the leftist media continues their attempt to label President Trump as “sick” and puff-up his medical stability despite a letter from the White House physician that President Trump is no longer having Coronavirus symptoms.
BREAKING: President Trump is no longer having Coronavirus symptoms according to White House physician. pic.twitter.com/eKa1YbnPTj
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) October 6, 2020
Despite testing positive for COVID-19 last week, spending four days in a hospital, being administered steroids and put on oxygen, Pres. Trump insists that he will be on the debate state with Joe Biden on October 15. pic.twitter.com/2osBEdczdk
— NowThis (@nowthisnews) October 6, 2020