Wolves in Sheep’s Clothing—How Democrats Are Messing with Republican Primaries
A guest post by Becky Behrends, M.D. VP of Research for Michigan Citizens for Election Integrity
How do you know what you’re getting when you vote for someone? It used to be more clear-cut. For Republicans, if a candidate leaned more to the left after getting in office, they would be dubbed a RINO. You usually could discern which way they leaned before the election. Nowadays, we have to worry about another category of candidates. Namely, Democrats who intentionally pose as Republicans to keep “true blue” (or rather, “true red”), especially grass root conservative Republicans, out of the running.
This is known as crossover voting or “strategic voting.” In many states, it is legal for voters to participate in either party’s primary. There have been sporadic incidents of both parties engaging in crossover voting over the years. But this strategy is now on steroids as the Democrats are calling for all hands on deck to defeat any Trump-endorsed candidate.
Republican primaries have drawn many more voters than the Democratic primaries this year. In Texas, for example, Republican participation in the primary election was up over 400,000 compared to 30,000 for Democrats. The question arises, is it real Republicans voting in these primaries, Democrats disenchanted with their party, or Democrats meddling with Republican candidates?
As it has been said, why should a Methodist be picking deacons in the local Baptist church? It may be legal in those states which permit these open primaries, but is it truly fair or honest?? It appears to be an example of fraudulent behavior which the Democrats have no problem with, as they think they are so much more capable and intelligent that it justifies ignoring basic rules of decency, honor, and even the rule of law to ensure the safety of democracy. These noble defenders of democracy believe it is okay to act ignobly. Go chew on that one for a while and see how morally rancid it tastes!
An Associated Press analysis found that over 37,000 people who voted in Georgia’s Democratic primary two years ago cast ballots in the 2022 Republican primary in Georgia recently. An astonishingly high number!! Incumbent Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger, a Republican, was opposed in the Georgia primary election by a Trump-endorsed candidate. Raffensperger won despite this with 27,000 more votes. Was that due to crossover Democrat voters? One Georgia Democrat woman who crossover voted said: “I feel strongly that our democracy is at risk, and that people who are holding up the big lie, as we call it, and holding onto the former president are dangerous to democracy. I don’t know if I’ll do it again because of how I felt afterward. I just felt icky.”
Republican Representative and RINO, Adam Kinzinger of Illinois, with his Country First organization, actively worked to encourage Georgia Democrats to support Raffensperger for re-election.
Liz Cheney, the “Republican” Congresswoman from Wyoming, actively encouraged crossover Democrats to help her out in the recent primary election in her home state. Specifically, she needed 14,000-18,000 to push her over the finish line. Despite her huge campaign war chest of $10 million – a record amount for a candidate- and daily media exposure from her position on the Jan 6 panel investigation into the Capitol protest, it was all to no avail as she lost in the primary election. Jack Mueller, a former national chairman of the Young Republicans, stated, “Democrats have had a great time screwing around in Republican primaries. I have been trying for years to get the legislature to ban party switching at the election, but they won’t do it.”
Krystle Mathews, a South Carolina black female Democratic candidate for the US Senate, recently created quite a stir when she called for “secret sleepers” to infiltrate the GOP. She said, “when we get enough of us in there, we can wreak havoc for real from the inside out. Then we can flip some s*** from the inside out.” Senator Tim Scott, a black Republican from South Carolina, who Mathews will run against in November calls for having closed primaries as a firewall against this kind of deceptive intrusion from Democrats.
Democratic strategist, James Carville, sees no moral problem with “democrats supporting extremist Republican candidates.” He said, “I wholeheartedly endorse this idea of being involved in primaries to help them nominate the stupidest, goofiest extreme person they can.” Why? So that the obvious choice for the voting public will be to vote for the reasonable, much preferred Democratic candidate. Sorry, Jim, not buying this argument.
This strategy of Democrats has also been referred to as a “help-the-kooks” approach. This occurred this year in Colorado. Again, the idea is to help promote a Republican primary candidate who is viewed as so far right-wing, ultra-MAGA, and extremist that they will easily be defeated by the Democrat in the general election. However, Democrats are also worried that a wave type of election (as in “red wave” this year) might cast a big net into the sea of voters, collecting fish of every kind that could be something they regret. Those “kooks” just might get elected, giving us bad people with bad ideas running the government!
Oh, really?? Kooks or nutcases running the government?
Such as in:
- Democratic Congresswoman Maxine Waters from California- Remember when she said the following? “The American people have put up with this president (Trump) long enough. If you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out, and you create a crowd. You push back on them. And you tell them they are not welcome, anymore, anywhere.” An incitement to public harassment, and intimidation? When Waters was a member of the House Financial Services Committee, there was an interchange between her and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke in which he had to remind her of the difference between the discount rate and the fed funds rate. Scary! And she sat on the Finance Committee?? Even CBS News headlined this story with, “Is Maxine Waters Really As Dumb As She Seems?” They removed the video, however. Probably too embarrassing for the Democrats.
- Democratic Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Biden and AOC. In the spirit of “Dumb and Dumber,” these two should be dubbed “Crazy and Crazier.” Remember when Biden asked AOC to co-chair a panel to advise him on climate policy? The woman who was the architect of the Green New Deal? The “ban cows for their gas emissions” expert? Heaven help our planet with these two in charge of the climate!
- Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi (D) said, “A border wall is an immorality. It’s not who we are as a nation.” The reality is that it is opposition to a border wall that should be construed as immoral. Just ask Israel or Hungary. With the flood of refugees into Europe in recent years, the list is extensive of other nations as well that have built, fortified, or expanded border barriers. Pelosi also said that the federal approach under Biden to managing immigration at the southern U.S. border is on a “good path.” This is despite a record-breaking immigration crisis at the border. A Gallup World Poll released in 2018 said that about 15% of the world’s adults said they would move permanently to another country if they could. That amounts to around 750 million people and would be even higher if they brought their children. Mass migrations of large numbers to the U.S. is extremely destabilizing- economically, socially, and culturally. Not to mention that the total annual cost of providing for the incarceration of law-breaking illegal aliens is over 1.2 billion dollars.
- Governor Ralph Northam (D)– while explaining legislation that would allow abortions up to birth (3rd trimester) , he then also described that abortions could even be considered AFTER birth. In a radio interview, he said, “The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” What discussion? Whether you can legally murder a newborn?!! How EXTREME is that??
- President Joe Biden– Talk about low information voters; how about low information Presidents? Apparently, Biden forgot that there is no law or constitutional authority to federalize elections, which is what his executive order does in directing federal agencies to develop plans to register voters. State legislatures have the authority to establish and control election procedures, by the US Constitution- not the executive branch.
- The soft on crime, anti-cop policies of the Democrats. In Feb of this year, an Asian woman was stabbed to death in New York. The murderer was out on bail because the lawmakers in Albany eviscerated the bail laws in 2020. He has been arrested 7 times and had 3 open cases in the Manhattan Criminal Court. He was charged the month before with 27 counts of crimes. But the new “progressive” Manhattan Democratic DA had decriminalized these crimes. As the New York Post noted, this woman’s “blood is on the hands of Democrats.”
And the list could go off from promoting woke gender and Marxist ideology in K-12 schools and universities to the debacle in the Afghanistan troop withdrawal to the destruction of energy independence in America to the mismanagement of the supply chain crisis and the inflation mess we are in, to name a few. Kooks, nutcases, radicals, and extremists running the government?? Yep, we are witnessing it in living color!
Most of the 2022 primaries are behind us now. Midterm elections are ahead of us. But the Republicans need to learn from what happened this year and be on guard in the 2024 primaries. We need to overwhelm crossover voters with just sheer numbers at the polls and send a resounding message to them……..stay in your own lane! We don’t want you!!! You have done enough to destroy your own party. Don’t mess with ours!