It took a Democratic Mayor and a mob of anti-American ICE protesters to turn southwest Portland into an absolute anarchist disaster that now requires a biohazard cleanup crew. And of course, that cleanup crew is facing such dirty and dangerous situations that they’re surrounded by police protection just so they can do their job without being mauled by the mob of people protesting ICE and going after America’s force that specializes in removing violent illegal immigrant criminals from within our cities.

Reportedly, almost 200 people have occupied the offices from which ICE works and demanded that ICE is abolished immediately. This carried on for over five weeks. Just imagine that many people sitting around in the heat with no showers and possibly a huge lack of bathrooms, let alone clean ones. The smell is devastatingly disgusting. I can imagine it’s like sleeping in a porta-potty after it was used by 10,000 people who all recently ate at Taco Bell. If you think that’s bad, then just wait – it gets worse.

Police were unable to clean up the 200 people occupying ICE’s offices because of what the Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler had said. Wheeler is also acting as police commissioner, so this is where the huge conflict of interest comes in and this is exactly why the 200+ people were allowed to leave Portland looking and smelling like a third-world country.

All it would’ve taken was one order and all the people would’ve had to go home. They could’ve packed their occupy belongings, “Nazi” signs, and anything else they brought with them and went all the way home. However, there was no police to enforce any laws or bring peace back to the area. The anarchy situation was all thanks to Mayor Wheeler demanding that his police force not gets involved with the protesters vs ICE situation. This, of course, came from the personal beliefs of Wheeler. He put his own feelings in front of facts. He felt his police should not be involved and now it’s a fact that the town was left a mess.

When a cleanup crew is walking around in urine, feces, and used needles, then maybe Mr. Wheeler over there should’ve made a better decision. He did not.

Andy Ngo from the Wall Street Journal told the story and provided even more details. “Federal workers were defenseless. An ICE officer, who asked that his name not be published, told me one of his colleagues was trailed in a car and confronted when he went to pick up his daughter from summer camp. Later people showed up at his house. Another had his name and photo plastered on flyers outside his home accusing him of being part of the “Gestapo.”

Where were the police? Ordered away by Democratic Mayor Ted Wheeler, who doubles as police commissioner. “I do not want the @PortlandPolice to be engaged or sucked into a conflict, particularly from a federal agency that I believe is on the wrong track,” he tweeted. “If [ICE is] looking for a bailout from this mayor, they are looking in the wrong place.”

The mob set up camp behind the building, where they harassed journalists and banned photography. The open-borders advocates also erected an 8-foot wall around their site. I walked through and saw young children, including infants, in squalid conditions and 90-degree heat. Every American flag was defaced. Anarchist and communist flags were unsoiled.”

It became so bad that even the landlord of the ICE building was harassed. He’s just a landlord and he’s 79-years-old. His name is Stuart Lindquist and he’s now facing harassment from people who placed his home address on the Internet. Of course, he reportedly also struck someone with his car, but they were not injured. The person he hit was part of the “mob” of anarchists calling for ICE’s abolishment. Quite unfortunate and of course everyone is glad the person is not injured, but it’s very low of them to harass a man who is almost 80-years-old and just a landlord. The guy needs to make a living too, so if renting his office to someone is how he gets paid, then there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not like he’s walking around pointing out illegal immigrants. He’s probably just trying to mind his own business.

Regardless, the buck doesn’t stop there. Calling for ICE to be abolished, leaving behind filth so dirty that cleanup crews protected by police are needed, and now the neighborhood is left to deal with the mess. What did that neighborhood do to deserve the nonsense from the filthy protesters? The people of the neighborhood have nothing to do with the protest, but now parts of their town are ghastly gross.

The ICE office closed for a week and federal police helped out a bit. Some protesters were arrested for not leaving the office’s property. Many ran back to their little camps and shouted at the officers. Some of them even called a black police officer a “house nigger: and a “traitor” which was very disappointing and shows the absolute lack of humanity that spews from the protesters. How dare they criticize a black police officer because they have a job and want to make a difference by serving the public. That police officer does more good deeds in a week than many of those rabid protesters do in a lifetime. Even though they THINK they do something, they don’t.

On June 28 federal police mobilized from out of state finally moved to reopen the office. They arrested a handful of people for refusing to leave the ICE office’s front, but the rest retreated to the camp and focused their vitriol on the officers. They repeatedly called a black officer “traitor” and “house n—.” They shouted that they knew where the officers lived, and published more addresses online.

Mayor Wheeler disappointed people again, stating: “I join those outraged by ICE actions separating parents from their children, and support peaceful protest to give voice to our collective moral conscience.”

Andy Ngo continued discussing a family who basically lost their business thanks to the horrible behavior they endured from the mob: “The Hakes family, which owns the Happy Camper food cart across the street from ICE’s office, responded to the statement with incredulity. The mob “terrorized our family” and forced the business to close, Julie Hakes told me. Ms. Hakes showed me text messages from her 21-year-old daughter, Brianna, who ran the cart. “Just saw a drug deal,” Brianna reported early on. After members of the anti-ICE mob spotted her selling breakfast burritos to federal officers, the situation deteriorated. “Call me immediately!” Brianna wrote after being accused of “supporting the pigs” and “child deportation.” She said people wearing masks threatened to hurt her and burn down the cart, and the police never responded to their frantic calls.”

There was also a 52-year-old resident threatened by the mob: “Randy Glary, a 52-year-old artist and longtime resident, was photographing the camp when he said a group of occupiers knocked his camera into his face. Charles Williams, a 62-year-old man who lives across the street, said someone threatened to stab him with an “AIDS-infected needle.” From his balcony, he saw the “thugs” begin masked street patrols. Others brandished sticks. Lisa Leonard, a 53-year-old disabled resident, said occupiers hit her on her head, disabled her electric wheelchair, and lifted her in the air when she complained about loud drumming. She called police, who took a statement but made no arrests.”

The mob finally went home and left behind a sickly mess.

Who do you think pays the bill to clean it up? Not the protesters, that’s for sure.


Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.