NBC had pulled a “bombshell” report hours after it was published Friday morning that added details about what happened at the Pelosi mansion on Oct 28th when Paul sustained injuries after an altercation and had to be hospitalized. The story has been confusing since it first hit the news and has generated more questions than answers.

The NBC video report with Miguel Almaguer attempted to provide additional information on the attack on Paul Pelosi but the details they offered contradicted the narrative in the federal charging papers against accused attacker David DePape. The Gateway Pundit reported the contradictions, and shortly after, NBC removed the report that aired on the Today Show from several platforms while also making the video private.

Strangely the NBC report, Press Release, and charging documents all tell slightly different stories.

NBC reporter Miguel Almaguer reported on the Today Show:

NBC News learning new details about the moments police arrived. Sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence now revealing when officers responded to the high-priority call, they were seemingly unaware they’d been called to the home of the speaker of the House after a knock and announce the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home, but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It’s unclear if the 82 year old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources. According to court documents, when the officer asked what was going on, defendant smiled and said, Everything’s good, but instantaneously, a struggle ensued as police clearly saw David DePape strike Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer. After tackling the suspect, officers rushed to Mr. Pelosi who was lying in a pool of blood.



According to the charging documents, the Department of Justice laid out a different scenario:

The two men did not know each other. DePape broke into the house via a rear door using a hammer and went upstairs looking for Nancy Pelosi. He found Paul Pelosi in bed and told him he was looking for Nancy. Not finding her home he told Paul he would wait for her. He let Paul go to the bathroom where Paul made a 911 call, which apparently DePape overheard. The two went downstairs where Paul opened the door when police knocked. Paul was not attacked until police arrived when he was apparently beaten unconscious by DePape with a hammer while police confronted the men. DePape had a bag with zip ties, rope, tape, gloves, another hammer and a journal. DePape said his plan was to hold Nancy Pelosi hostage to get her to tell the truth and let her go if she did tell the truth, but if she lied he would break her kneecaps.

The Press Release announcing the charges also differed from the other reports:

According to the complaint, minutes after the 911 call, two police officers responded to the Pelosi residence where they encountered Paul Pelosi and DePape struggling over a hammer. Officers told the men to drop the hammer, and DePape allegedly gained control of the hammer and swung it, striking Pelosi in the head. Officers immediately restrained DePape, while Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground. As set forth in the complaint, once DePape was restrained, officers secured a roll of tape, white rope, a second hammer, a pair of rubber and cloth gloves, and zip ties from the crime scene, where officers also observed a broken glass door to the back porch.

DePape is charged with one count of assault of an immediate family member of a United States official with the intent to retaliate against the official on account of the performance of official duties, which carries a maximum sentence of 30 years in prison. DePape is also charged with one count of attempted kidnapping of a United States official on account of the performance of official duties, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

Tucker Carlson rightly tweeted that the antidote to “misinformation” is transparency. Accounts of how DePape accessed the home and what happened once he was inside kept changing. At the first press conference on Friday, the San Francisco police said an unknown person was in the home when they arrived. Politico reported this, but two days later, they attacked anyone who repeated their reporting on a third individual as a crazed conspiracy monger. Paul Pelosi called David DePape, a friend, in his 911 call.

Carlson also pointed out that the story of who opened the door has changed and DePape wearing only his underwear also changed. 

“Yet for some reason, the San Francisco Police Department is refusing to release Friday’s body cam video of the attack on Paul Pelosi; we learned that today when we filed a record request, no chance they said.


Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.