This is so wrong and very suspect. Obama released the former bodyguard of Osama Bin Laden. He’s the worst one of all and it’s curious that he was a threat but now he’s fine to set free.
Five Yemeni Guantanamo detainees who have been held captive at the detention facility for nearly 14 years were transferred to the United Arab Emirates (UAE), the Department of Defense announced in a statement Sunday.
The transfers took place on Friday night, after terrorists mounted a series of attacks in Paris directed by the Islamic State, killing 129 people and wounding more than 300 others, US officials told VICE News. The Pentagon, however, waited until Sunday to announce the resettlement.
Four of the now former low value detainees— Khalid Abd-al-Jabbar Muhammad Uthman al-Qadasi, 47, Adil Said al-Hajj Ubayd al-Busays, 42, Sulayman Awad Bin Uqayl al-Nahdi, 40, and Fahmi Salem Said al-Asani—were approved for release or transfer in 2010 by a Guantanamo task force made up of six departments and government agencies set up by President Obama in 2009 to review the cases of detainees. The fifth detainee, Ali Ahmad Muhammad al-Razihi, 36, a suspected bodyguard for the late Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, was previously deemed to dangerous to release but a parole board took another look at his case last year and determined he no longer posed a national security threat and could be transferred.
All five men, who were never charged with a crime, were captured in late 2001 at the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. They were accused of being members of Al Qaeda, who attended a training camp, and then traveled to Afghanistan to fight against the US and coalition forces, according to US military intelligence assessment reports on the captives published by Wikileaks. (The integrity of the documents have been called into question by human rights groups and lawyers representing Guantanamo detainees.)
“The United States is grateful to the Government of the United Arab Emirates for its willingness to support ongoing U.S. efforts to close the Guantanamo Bay detention facility. The United States coordinated with the Government of the United Arab Emirates to ensure these transfers took place consistent with appropriate security and humane treatment measures,” DOD said in a statement.
Read more: VICE News