The Attorney representing the illegal aliens who were arrested alleges that,“Other than drunken driving, and driving without a license, and entering the country illegally, they’ve done nothing wrong…LOL!
The popular Aroma Buffet & Grill in York, Pennsylvania reopened Wednesday after an Immigration and Customs Enforcement sweep that nabbed several employees forced owners to close down.
The restaurant’s new manager, Kyle Lin, told the York Daily Record he was recently hired to run the place but he’s not sure whether the former manager’s role in hiring four kitchen employees who were arrested by ICE agents two weeks ago.
“I’m not sure if the previous manager hired them or knew of their proper status, or if those employees provided false information,” Lin said.
Attorney Stephen Converse is representing the four employees – all men in their 20s – who were in the country illegally from Guatemala, Mexico and El Salvador.
Converse would not identify his clients, but told the news site they’re not serious criminals. He alleges that other than drunken driving, and driving without a license, and entering the country illegally, they’ve done nothing wrong.
Converse credited the Trump administration with removing them and numerous other illegal immigrants he is currently representing.
“The Obama administration very methodically focused on criminal aliens,” he told the Daily Record. “Now they’re targeting everyone.”
The defense attorney said he’s personally spoken with 16 illegal immigrants arrested by ICE agents in York County over the last three weeks, and contends another 14 were arrested in Carbon County.
Converse also complained that local courts will no longer simply release illegal immigrants back into society as they await a hearing, and are now holding them for ICE.
ICE officials would not discuss operations with the Daily Record, which cited a U.S. Department of Homeland Security statement that more than 680 illegal immigrants were arrested last month in large metropolitan cities.
ICE field office director for greater Los Angeles, David Marin, told the Associated Press in mid-February that those sweeps were planned “before the (Trump) administration came out with their current executive orders” on immigration. – The American Mirror