A $10 campaign donation has reportedly put one of the most powerful personnel officials in the White House directly in President Trump’s crosshairs.

President Trump demanded that Morgan DeWitt-Snow be fired after aides told him she donated to former Vice President Mike Pence during the 2023 Republican primary, according to a new report. Chief of Staff Susie Wiles then reportedly stepped in and kept DeWitt-Snow in place.

The reporter who broke the story laid out the central conflict:

The Daily Mail reported that six sources described DeWitt-Snow as being on thin ice. The outlet said President Trump learned of the Pence contribution in late July and called for her removal.

A White House official told the outlet that a friend had asked DeWitt-Snow to contribute $10 so Pence could reach the donor threshold for a Republican primary debate. That explanation turns the donation into a favor for a friend, but it does not erase the political problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

President Trump publicly warned during the transition that he did not want recommendations involving people who had worked with or been endorsed by Pence and several other anti-Trump Republicans. The personnel office exists to screen exactly those kinds of political and loyalty questions.

Ten dollars is trivial. The job is not.

The White House listed Morgan DeWitt as a current employee as of July 1, 2026. The report gives her title as special assistant to the president for political affairs and lists an annual salary of $121,500.

Her official ethics disclosure adds another important piece. It identifies DeWitt as a special assistant to the president for personnel and records her appointment in January 2025.

Those government records put her inside both the political and personnel machinery of the White House. She is no distant staffer caught in an office squabble.

DeWitt-Snow sits inside the operation responsible for identifying, screening, and advancing appointees across the administration. A loyalty dispute involving that office can shape staffing decisions throughout the federal government.

The $10 figure quickly became the part of the report that caught fire online:

The White House strongly disputed the picture of an office in collapse. Spokeswoman Liz Huston called the story fake news, while senior administration officials defended DeWitt-Snow as loyal and effective.

Dan Scavino, who formally leads the Presidential Personnel Office while carrying several other responsibilities, praised her as fully committed to MAGA. Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rollins also rejected claims that the office is moving too slowly.

ADVERTISEMENT

The report nevertheless describes a much wider complaint than one old campaign contribution. Sources accused the personnel operation of slow hiring, internal feuds, and placing DeWitt-Snow’s personal associates into consequential staffing roles.

That part of the story produced an immediate question about whether qualified Trump loyalists were being delayed while connected insiders moved ahead:

DeWitt-Snow’s authority has surfaced in official records before. The Eastern District of Virginia said its judges appointed James Hundley as interim federal prosecutor on February 20, 2026, after the position became vacant.

What are your thoughts?

NATIONAL POLL: Do You Believe Mike Pence BETRAYED President Trump? vote now

TAP HERE TO ADD YOUR VOTE

Hours later, according to the court, DeWitt-Snow notified Hundley that he had been removed from the post. The court identified her as deputy director of presidential personnel.

The judges had acted under a federal law allowing a district court to fill a U.S. attorney vacancy. The White House personnel office then reversed the result before Hundley could meaningfully serve.

That episode shows the reach of DeWitt-Snow’s office. Its decisions can change who runs federal agencies and prosecutor offices across the country, far beyond who receives a desk in the West Wing.

For now, DeWitt-Snow remains in place, the White House is denying that she is about to be fired, and her defenders are pushing back hard. But the reported intervention by Wiles leaves an unavoidable question: if President Trump demanded the removal, how long can anyone else keep that order from becoming final?

This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.

ADVERTISEMENT

 

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.