Meghan McCain asked presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg about abortion and infanticide today on The View. Pete danced around the topic to say it is not the government’s job to stop a woman from a late-term abortion:

“I don’t know what to tell them, morally, about what they should do.“

McCain wasn’t having his answer and let him know. She gave him the bad news that he won’t win in a general election with his weak stance on late-term abortion:

“This is gonna hurt you in the middle of the country”

“You’re just as radical as I thought it was .” 

Save up to 66% on MyPillow products. Use promo code FedUp, and save up to 66%.

Susan B. Anthony List tweeted out information on late-term abortion refuting Buttigieg’s claims:

“Data suggests that most women seeking later terminations are not doing so for reasons of fetal anomaly or life endangerment.”- from a 2013 study (Foster, Kimport) in the journal Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health, a publication  of the Guttmacher Institute

The study looked at surveys with 272 women who had abortions at 20 weeks with 169 women who had abortions prior to 20 weeks and found that the rationales cited by the two groups were essentially the same.

These are the reasons they gave:

1. Stressful circumstances of unprepared pregnancy

2. Single-motherhood

3. Financial pressure

4. Relationship discord

In an April 2018 report for the Congressional Research Service, Dr. Foster is cited as believing “that abortions for fetal anomaly ‘make up a small minority of later abortion’ and that those for life endangerment are even harder to characterize.”

In a 1995 interview with American Medical News, abortionist Martin Haskell stated:

“In my particular case, probably 20% [of abortions] are for genetic reasons. And the other 80% are purely elective.”

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.


We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.