One of the reasons people love President Trump so much is how he never allows the left-leaning mainstream media to ever get away their extremely biased and off times inaccurate reporting.
The president took aim early Friday morning at NBC for their report about his attorney Michael Cohen’s phone being tapped, which turned out to be inaccurate, calling them out for being “wrong again.”
Fox News has the details:
“NBC NEWS is wrong again! They cite ‘sources’ which are constantly wrong. Problem is, like so many others, the sources probably don’t exist, they are fabricated, fiction! NBC, my former home with the Apprentice, is now as bad as Fake News CNN. Sad!” Trump tweeted.
NBC NEWS is wrong again! They cite “sources” which are constantly wrong. Problem is, like so many others, the sources probably don’t exist, they are fabricated, fiction! NBC, my former home with the Apprentice, is now as bad as Fake News CNN. Sad!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 4, 2018
The president’s tweet came after NBC News issued a correction to its original report released Thursday. Initially, the outlet reported that Cohen’s phones were wiretapped prior to the FBI raiding his home, office and hotel room last month.
But NBC later said other officials clarified that investigators were only logging phone numbers, but not listening in.
Fox News also confirmed that federal investigators kept a register of phone calls made by Cohen, while not recording those calls. Sources with knowledge of the proceedings told Fox News Thursday afternoon that investigators used what’s known as a pen register, or a dialed number recorder (DNR), on at least one of Cohen’s phones. A pen register records all numbers dialed from a given phone number, as well as the length of each call.
In an April 13 court filing, federal prosecutors also revealed they had “already obtained search warrants…covert until this point…on multiple different email accounts maintained by Cohen.”
“We already have considerable amounts of information about Mr. Cohen’s activities,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Thomas McKay said during the hearing last month in reference to the warrants obtained throughout the course of the investigation.
It seems integrity and a dedication to keeping people informed with the facts is no longer in vogue when it comes to the media, which is truly a frightening thing.
Thankfully, we have a commander-in-chief who won’t allow himself to be walked on by news outlets and will call them out when they cross the line, something that’s been long overdue.