Only two months until this low-class community organizer is long gone from our White House…
President-elect Donald Trump has captured the White House, but he may have to wait a while to ensconce himself inside the Oval Office.
Former George W. Bush advisor Karl Rove said Wednesday that major security upgrades are planned for the ceremonial office and seat of presidential power – and that it could put the office out of commission for up to a year.
If that occurs, he said, President Trump might have to spend up to a quarter of his term working out of the Eisenhower Executive Office Building across the street – where President Richard Nixon labored and made some of his infamous White House recordings.
‘My understanding is that for the first year of his time in office, President Trump will not have the Oval Office,’ Rove told Fox News on Wednesday.
‘President Obama could have told the Secret Service, “I know you want to modernize the Oval Office with security enhancements – literally strip it down to the bare walls and build it back up so we’ve got bullet proof glass and so forth and so on, security arrangements in it, in my last year in office,”‘ Rove said.
‘But Instead he said, “Why don’t you do that [with] whoever comes next so the president of the United States, President Trump, my understanding is, will spend most of his first year using Richard Nixon’s old office in the Old Executive Office Building across executive drive and up the Navy steps.”
He was referring to the renamed Eisenhower Executive Office Building, the ornate building on the White House grounds that houses many top government officials.
Trump, a real estate mogul, is particularly attuned to the importance of location, architecture, and all that it signifies. He repeatedly stressed during the campaign that his new luxury hotel located in the former Old Post Office building in Washington, D.C. was ‘under-budget and ahead of schedule.’ – Daily Mail