Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard is resigning from her position.

According to Fox News, Gabbard is stepping down to support her husband through his battle with “an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”

Fox News explained further:

Gabbard notified President Donald Trump during a meeting in the Oval Office Friday. Her last day at ODNI is expected to be June 30.

Fox News Digital exclusively obtained her formal resignation letter, in which Gabbard says she is “deeply grateful for the trust you placed in me and for the opportunity to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence for the last year and a half.”

“Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026,” she wrote. “My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Gabbard said her husband “faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months.”

“At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle,” she said.

Gabbard added: “Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage — standing steadfast through my deployment to East Africa on a Joint Special Operations mission, multiple political campaigns and now my service in this role.”

“His strength and love have sustained me through every challenge,” she continued. “I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming position.”

“I am deeply grateful for the trust President Trump placed in me and for the opportunity to lead @ODNIgov for the last year and a half,” Gabbard wrote on X.

“Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026. My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle,” she continued.

More from the New York Post:

The news broke within minutes of the president saying he plans to remain at the White House this weekend — rather than at his New Jersey golf course — fueling speculation he’s poised to resume attacks on the Islamic Republic.

Gabbard has publicly remained loyal to Trump during Operation Epic Fury, testifying to the Senate in March that “the intelligence community assessed that Iran maintained the intention to rebuild and to continue to grow their nuclear enrichment capability.”

ADVERTISEMENT

But she has rarely been at the forefront of the administration — with Trump often singling out and praising CIA Director John Ratcliffe for his contributions.

Gabbard had aligned with Trump on other priorities, including investigating alleged vote fraud in the 2020 election.

Her departure follows the fiery resignation in March of her former subordinate Joe Kent, the onetime head of the National Counterterrorism Center, who claimed Israel had duped Trump into attacking Iran.

Read the full resignation letter below:

 

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.