The question of who shot and killed US Air Force veteran Ashli Babbitt remains unanswered, and as time goes on, more people are demanding answers. Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) has called for answers about who killed Ashli and has requested the videotape from the day of the shooting at the Capitol.
Rep. Devin Nunes called for answers: The family has now filed a lawsuit. And with any normal circumstance where you have an officer-involved shooting, you have people who go out there and say, “Where’s the videotape? Where’s the videotape? We need to know what officer did this… Why are we living under a different set of rules? I think that’s what the Babbit family is asking, and I agree with them. We should know who the shooter is… House Republicans still have not seen the videotapes. There are reportedly 14,000 hours of videotapes from inside the Capitol. Why is that? Why do we not have that? Why do we not have an accounting of the dozens of people who broke the windows versus the people who just walked in openly because the Capitol police let them in?
⁉️Who Shot Ashli Babbit⁉️
Show the 14,000 hours of capitol video footage
Whenever any officer shooting occurs the name of the officer is revealed and video is released
— CONNIE’S CORNER (@CRRJA5) June 9, 2021
Meanwhile, the family of Ashli Babbitt is suing the Metropolitan Police Department for records of the officer who fatally shot her at the January 6th Capitol riots. Babbitt’s husband (PICTURED BELOW) has also filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the records from the Metropolitan Police Department.
The lawsuit asks for all video footage of the shooting at the Capitol on January 6th and witness statements and documents gathered during an investigation into her death.
The Department of Justice decided not to pursue criminal charges against the police officer responsible in mid-April.
Department officials said at the time; an investigation found he was likely acting in self-defense as Babbitt crawled through a window.
The family of Ashli Babbitt is also pursuing another lawsuit against the Metropolitan Police Department, claiming he used excessive force. They are asking for more than $10 million in that lawsuit.
Now, it’s being reported that after an “internal investigation,” the Capitol cop that murdered the unarmed veteran has been exonerated.
The Daily Mail reports- The commander of the Capitol Police’s Office of Personal Responsibility says ‘no further action will be taken in this matter,’ according to a memo obtained by NBC News.
In April, the Department of Justice said it wouldn’t be filing charges against the officer, so the conclusion of the internal probe ends the official investigation.
Babbitt’s family told The Washington Examiner earlier this month that they plan on filing a $10million wrongful death lawsuit, claiming a plainclothes officer didn’t issue a verbal command.
The family’s lawyer, Terry Roberts, alluded to a video of the Air Force veteran being shot and said the fact that no one appears to be ducking for cover in the moments before Babbitt was killed also suggests that the cop gave no verbal warning.
The cop’s lawyer denied this in previous interviews and said his client issued multiple verbal commands but that they weren’t audible on the video because he was wearing a mask.
Hmmm…does that mean all future “accidental” shootings of unarmed Americans will be excused if the cop was wearing a face covering and couldn’t be heard on his bodycam yelling, “I’m going to shoot you!”???