Despite the state’s left-leaning bias and widespread allegations of corruption, one former law enforcement officer is nevertheless campaigning to replace incumbent U.S. Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-MN) this November.
John Nagel was a state trooper for about three decades and is now focusing his attention on D.C.
As Fox News reported:
“I think the people of Minnesota have been lied to. They’ve had their money stolen. They want to see somebody that’s going to come in and fix things,” Nagel said. “They’re tired of being told the same old things.”
Nagel argued that his roots in the state and decades in law enforcement separate him from the political class.
“I’m from Minnesota, born and raised here. I’m not a Washington plant,” Nagel said, pointing to his three decades as a state trooper and his work teaching defensive driving and working in schools across the area.
ADVERTISEMENTNagel, who won the Republican primary in Minnesota’s 5th District last week, said his campaign will focus heavily on the fraud scandals that have rocked Minnesota in recent years, drawing a sharp contrast with Omar and Democrats in the state.
“I’m pro-American. I’m from Minnesota. I love Minnesota and I love my country,” Nagel said when asked about the contrast he plans to draw with Omar.
“I’m not involved in fraud,” he added, before arguing that Omar’s district has been at the center of the state’s fraud problems and Fox News Digital has extensively reported on Omar’s ties to those implicated in the scandal.
Nagel’s campaign has attracted some social media attention:
This is the way. We need everyone to vote.
— Samuel Adams Minnesota (@SMinnesota6234) August 18, 2026
John Nagel is right to be focusing on fraud to hopefully force Ilhan and her team defend it. This is important for Minnesota residents to see how Ilhan has been robbing them dry all these while!
— Cathrynne Sheena (@CathrynneSheena) August 18, 2026
Yeah, Minnesota is a really hard state to win with all that fraud at the voting places .. I mean, vouch for eight people?
— Laura Annunziata (@LauraAnnun34747) August 18, 2026
His latest remarks coincide with new concerns about election integrity in the state, as reported in The Alaska Story:
An undercover video released Thursday by investigative journalist James O’Keefe offers startling and indisputable evidence of just how little documentation Minnesota requires from some people registering to vote on Election Day.
The footage, recorded during Minnesota’s Aug. 11 primary election, shows O’Keefe and associates, including Cam Higby, approaching Minneapolis poll workers while dressed in traditional Muslim attire. They presented an intentionally extreme scenario involving several people who were not registered to vote and asked what identification or residency documents would be required.
The answer from election workers was simple: If O’Keefe was already registered in the precinct, he could vouch for as many as eight other people.
“You’re the ID,” one poll worker told him.
ADVERTISEMENTIn another exchange, O’Keefe asked whether he could vouch for people who were not registered.
“That’s okay. That’s fine. Yeah,” the worker responded.
“If you’re all in the same precinct and you are already registered, you can vouch for them as ID,” another worker explained. “Eight people.”
These were not confused election workers misstating the rules. They were accurately explaining Minnesota law.
Here’s the video:
CAUGHT INSIDE MINNEAPOLIS POLLING BOOTHS: Minnesota Poll Workers Tell O’Keefe, Dressed in Muslim Garb, & @camhigby, in a Burka, That They Can Vouch for Eight Unregistered Voters Without ID, Allowing Them to Vote in Minnesota Primary Election
Election worker says, “You’re the… pic.twitter.com/bUPVxym08G
— James O'Keefe (@JamesOKeefeIII) August 13, 2026
This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.
What are your thoughts?







