Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of Iran’s General Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force. Iran’s President Rouhani is allegedly threatening the life of President Trump as retribution for the mass murderer.
According to Newsmax– Iranian President Hassan Rouhani declared that President Donald Trump will be dead ”in a few days” during a speech to his Islamic nation’s cabinet as the first anniversary of the killing of a general in the country’s military approached.
Rouhani’s Wednesday speech, excerpts of which were posted in English on the Iranian presidential website, called Qasem Soleimani a ”martyr” and ”moderate leader with tact.”
Soleimani, the leader of Iran’s Quds Force — described by military specialists as an unconventional war and clandestine operations unit — was killed in a targeted drone strike on Jan. 3, 2020, that was approved by Trump.
The U.S. Department of Defense blamed Soleimani for hundreds of deaths and injuries to Americans; he was purportedly killed while in neighboring Iraq while ”actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members in Iraq and throughout the region.”
Besides Trump, Rouhani referred to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as the ”main perpetrators of this crime.”
“One of the effects of this stupid and disgraceful act was that Trumpism ended and in a few days, the life of this criminal will end and he will go to the dustbin of history, and we are very happy about this and we believe that the period after Trump will be a better condition for regional and global stability,” Rouhani said.
On December 31, 2019, Iranian forces attacked our U.S. Embassy in Iraq. President Trump responded with force.
VIDEO: AH-64 Apaches protect @USEmbBaghdad. 🚁“We have taken appropriate force protection actions to ensure the safety of American citizens…and to ensure our right of self-defense. We are sending additional forces to support our personnel at the Embassy.”~@EsperDoD 🇺🇸🇮🇶 pic.twitter.com/amABHBAOcL
— OIR Spokesman Col. Wayne Marotto (@OIRSpox) December 31, 2019
The violent protests, which included smashed windows and sprayed graffiti on the embassy’s walls, were said to be in protest of the deadly U.S. airstrikes that targeted an Iran-backed militia over the weekend, killing 25 fighters. In turn, those strikes had been in response to a rocket attack on an Iraqi Army base that killed a U.S. contractor and injured several American troops.
President Trump thanked the Prime Minister and President of Iraq in a tweet, ensuring the world that our embassy was safe. In his second tweet, President Trump added a “threat” to Iran.
…Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!
….Iran will be held fully responsible for lives lost, or damage incurred, at any of our facilities. They will pay a very BIG PRICE! This is not a Warning, it is a Threat. Happy New Year!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 31, 2019
On Jan. 2, 2020, U.S. air raids took out Iran’s top military general along with two other top Iranian military officials near Baghdad’s international airport.
AP – Gen. Qassim Soleimani, the head of Iran’s elite Quds Force, was killed in an airstrike at Baghdad’s international airport Friday, Iraqi television and three Iraqi officials said.
The strike also killed Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iran-backed militias known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, or PMF, the officials said.
Almost immediately after the media reported the death of Iran’s top general, President Trump simply tweeted an American flag:
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 3, 2020
Liz Wheeler of OANN tweeted about President Trump’s warning to Iran after their attack on our U.S. Embassy in Iraq not to mess with the U.S., saying it was not a warning, but instead, a threat.
Holy cow. (Probably) U.S. airstrikes on Baghdad airport kills Iran Gen. Qassim Soleimani, head of Quds Force of the IGRC.
Man, you gotta love when @realDonaldTrump tweets “this is not a warning, it’s a threat” to Iran & two days later… Soleimani is dead.
Don’t. Mess. With. 🇺🇸
— Liz Wheeler (@Liz_Wheeler) January 3, 2020
Instead of taking decisive action against Iran when faced with a crisis, former President Barack Obama paid them off with secret pallets of cash.
Today, on Twitter, Obama supporters criticized President Trump for killing Iran’s top general responsible for the deaths of reportedly hundreds of American troops.
Seems strange to me that so many outspoken progressives are actually upset at the death of a terrorist leader, and rooting for Iran against the US. Which team are they playing for?
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) January 3, 2020
John Soloman, formerly of the Wall Street Journal, reported about how, in 2017 the Obama administration secretly organized an airlift of $400 million worth of cash to Iran that coincided with the January release of four Americans detained in Tehran, according to U.S. and European officials and congressional staff briefed on the operation afterward.
Wooden pallets stacked with euros, Swiss francs, and other currencies were flown into Iran on an unmarked cargo plane, according to these officials. The U.S. procured the money from the central banks of the Netherlands and Switzerland, they said.
Here’s a video of the Iranian jet picking up cash from the U.S.
The money represented the first installment of a $1.7 billion settlement the Obama administration reached with Iran to resolve a decades-old dispute over a failed arms deal signed just before the 1979 fall of Iran’s last monarch, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi.
The settlement, which resolved claims before an international tribunal in The Hague, also coincided with the formal implementation that same weekend of the landmark nuclear agreement reached between Tehran, the U.S. and other global powers the summer before.
“With the nuclear deal done, prisoners released, the time was right to resolve this dispute as well,” President Barack Obama said at the White House on Jan. 17—without disclosing the $400 million cash payment.