New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham, 36, was taken into custody Friday night after experiencing a “medical episode,” according to reports.

Police officers thought he was under the influence of narcotics after receiving a call about someone behaving erratically near a resort in the Los Angeles area.

However, Graham likely suffered a seizure that caused him to become disoriented.

The five-time Pro Bowler was transported to a hospital and released Saturday morning.

“New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham experienced a medical episode last evening, which resulted in him becoming disoriented,” the team said Saturday.


“He was taken into custody by local authorities and transported to a local hospital for evaluation for what Dr. John Amoss believes to be a likely seizure and spent the night under medical supervision and testing. Amoss [team doctor for the Saints] met Graham at the hospital and is overseeing his care at this time. He was released this morning and is with the team as they continue preparations for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Chargers.”

TMZ reported:

The Saints added Graham likely suffered a seizure … and spent the night in the medical facility to receive further testing. He is now back with the team.

We broke the story — Graham was arrested for suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and resisting, delaying and obstructing a police officer.

Jimmy Graham’s NFL comeback has hit a roadblock — the New Orleans Saints tight end was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance Friday night … after cops say they saw him wandering in traffic.

TMZ Sports has learned … law enforcement responded to a call for a suspicious person acting erratically near a Southern California resort.

At the scene, cops claim they witnessed Graham walking in the streets … and they attempted to arrest him, but he resisted.

NBC News added:

The team did not provide an update on Graham’s condition, or clarify if he’ll be playing in Sunday’s game.

Graham re-joined to the New Orleans Saints in July after signing him to a one-year contract. He was first drafted by the Saints in 2010 and stayed with the team until 2015 when he moved on to the Seattle Seahawks, where he played for three years.

He then spent two-year stints with the Green Bay Packers and the Chicago Bears.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.