There are many conflicting reports about how patients who test positive for the coronavirus are being handled. Some are being placed in quarantine, while others are being asked to self-quarantine. Many people wonder if coronavirus patients will take the necessary steps to protect others if they’re asked to “self-quarantine?” A New Hampshire man, who was awaiting test results for coronavirus after returning home from a trip to Italy, appeared to thumb his nose at orders to self-quarantine, and instead, attended a party, exposing over 200 people to the coronavirus.

According to the New York Post – The dimwit Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center staffer showed symptoms of the virus after returning from a trip to Italy, and was told to stay home while awaiting test results — which came back positive Monday, state health officials said.

But three days earlier, he had ignored the instructions and gone to a party over the border in Vermont, officials said.

“Despite having been directed to self-isolate, [he] attended an invitation-only private event on Friday,” the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services said in a statement.

About 175 people were at the bash, organized by Dartmouth’s Tuck School of Business and held at The Engine Room in White River Junction, right across the river from the New Hampshire hospital.

Trending: Michigan Library Refuses To Get Rid Of Groomer Books... Gets Almost Completely Defunded In Vote

“It’s very disturbing to be honest,” Brandon Fox, the owner and manager of The Engine Room told The Post. “He made a really bad decision.”

A Facebook post by “The Engine Room,” where the party was held, issued a statement warning guests of the party about the unfortunate situation.

Use promo code FedUp at checkout and save big on MyCoffee.

Here are just a few responses to the message:

That person should be legally charged for purposely and knowingly put others in danger to contract something that could be deadly. What is wrong with people?

What a selfish, Terrible individual to defy orders of quarantine and put everyone else at harm!!!

Health officials from both states said they had tracked down the attendees of Friday’s event and were monitoring some of them for symptoms, though they are “considered to be at low risk for infection.”

But the patient is believed to have already infected at least one other man — also a Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center employee, officials said. The hospital said both men had no contact with patients.

An order of isolation has now been issued to the egocentric first patient under a state public health law to make sure he doesn’t break the quarantine again.

If he leaves the lockdown now, officials will be able to send the police after him to keep him put.

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. If a comment is spam, instead of replying to it please click the ∨ icon below and to the right of that comment. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.