Prince Andrew is officially in hot water over his involvement with Jeffrey Epstein.
The Guardian is reporting that he is a “person of interest” in a highly publicized case where Andrew’s friend Jeffrey Epstein allegedly ran a child predatory ring.
The possibility of the Duke of York being a coconspirator with Jeffrey Epstein in the underage sex ring scandal is part of an investigation that caused The Duke of York to go into seclusion. Damning evidence surfaced over a year ago showing Prince Andrew with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who filed a civil complaint last week against Prince Andrew in Manhattan federal court. She claims Andrew forced her into having unwanted sex at the age of 17.
PRINCE ANDREW AND VIRGINIA ROBERTS GIUFFRE PICTURED BELOW:
Lawyer Mark Stephens told the Guardian that the phrase “person of interest,” which is a term indicating the person has not been arrested or formally accused of any crime, could be used to add pressure on the duke to cooperate.
Andrew has reportedly declined to be interviewed by prosecutors.
OUR PREVIOUS REPORT ON PRINCE ANDREW AND JEFFREY EPSTEIN:
Ghislaine Maxwell, a longtime associate of Jeffrey Epstein, was arrested on sex trafficking and perjury charges, placing pressure on one royal to speak to FBI investigators. Lawyer Brad Edwards, who represents 55 women who claim they were abused by Epstein, who killed himself in a Manhattan last year, said he believes the Duke of York has information that will help his clients, according to the New York Post. Edwards told the British news outlet that he has personally invited the royal “at least three times” to provide information but that he “flat out refuses.”
Epstein committed suicide in jail while awaiting trial last year. Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth II’s second son quit his Royal duties after defending his relationship with him. He has since faced claims from U.S. prosecutors he is running shy of giving his version of events.
At a press conference in New York where prosecutors detailed the allegations facing Maxwell, they urged Prince Andrew to come forward. “We would welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk with us; we would like to have the benefit of his statement,” said Audrey Strauss, acting US attorney for the southern district of New York, as reported by The Guardian.
“The duke’s team remains bewildered given that we have twice communicated with the DOJ in the last month and to date we have had no response,” an unnamed source on his legal team was quoted as saying by the Press Association news agency. Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Audrey Strauss, told reporters they would “welcome Prince Andrew coming in to talk with us on Thursday.”
U.S. Prosecutor Says Prince Andrew Has Provided ‘Zero Cooperation’ in Jeffrey Epstein Probe https://t.co/ZrtxMg16be
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) January 27, 2020
US Attorney Strauss’s remarks came following the arrest of Maxwell, the British socialite and close friend of the convicted sex offender Epstein was seized at a luxury hideaway in a small town in New Hampshire early on Thursday, as previously reported by 100% FED Up.
The prince has made no secret of his longstanding friendship with Maxwell or introduced him to Epstein. Prosecutors have continued their investigation and sought testimony from Prince Andrew. He faces accusations from Virginia Giuffre, who had claimed she was forced to have sex with him at Maxwell’s home in London when she was 17.
The Duke of York has strongly denied all claims that he had sex with a 17-year-old girl procured by Epstein. Pictures of the Prince posing with his arm around the girl’s waist forced him to give a disastrous TV interview to the BBC that was quickly followed by his standing down from all Royal duties in November.
Strauss said: “The question is, Prince Andrew, when is he going to tell what he knows? He needs to do that. He needs to do it without delay. It is so traumatising and difficult for the victims not to know the truth,” according to Breitbart.
The renewed spotlight on Andrew ends a rough week for the British royal family. In another court battle, legal filings by the Duchess of Sussex in her case against Associated Newspapers revealed she felt “unprotected” by the royal family from claims made in the UK tabloid press against her while she was pregnant.