The Biden DoJ’s persecution of conservatives continued this week as three pro-life activists were found guilty of violating the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act (FACE) after protesting at an abortion clinic in Washington DC.
The clinic, the Washington Surgi-Clinic, is well-known for performing late-term abortions and has been the subject of controversy in the past.
Already, five people who participated in the same demonstration were found guilty on all charges last month.
Of the three demonstrators found guilty this week, two were above the age of 70 and could serve up to eleven years in prison, according to the Department of Justice.
“This overreaching of power and authority by Biden’s DOJ is egregious and must be stopped. Nonviolent pro-life actions should not be a federal crime, and peaceful people with a desire to save lives should not be jailed for over a decade. Some of these Rescuers could be facing death by incarceration. We must repeal the FACE Act now!” said Caroline Taylor Smith, executive director of the Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising.
When are they going to convict all the BLM members for restriction of travel against thousands of motorists when they blocked freeways and roads during the riots which is against the law https://t.co/BOUobnLQTH
— Dwayne Schamp (@dmanSchamp) September 16, 2023
There is no indication that any of the three demonstrators convicted this week engaged in violent activity.
During the protest action, demonstrators “simply kneeled and prayed…some passed out pro-life literature and counseled abortion-minded women, and others roped and chained themselves together inside the facility,” attorneys representing the Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising said.
The indictments came down just days after the Progressive Anti-Abortion Uprising discovered the remains of 115 aborted babies in a waste box at the Washington Surgi-Clinic.
Previously, White House Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre denied that the White House has been intentionally targeting pro-life activists.
“Clearly that’s not true,” Jean-Pierre said in response to an accusation from President Trump. “I’m not going to say more than that. It’s just not true. It’s false. It’s a lie. It’s not true. So, I’m going to move on.”