Following a series of disturbing, seemingly random shooting across the city of Austin, TX, two teenagers are now in police custody.
At the time of writing this article, one suspect remains at large.
Earlier, a shelter-in-place order had been issued while police searched for the suspects.
If you missed it, here’s our original report:
BREAKING: Police Issue Shelter-in-Place After Multiple Random Shooting Sprees in Austin
/*! This file is auto-generated */!function(d,l){“use strict”;l.querySelector&&d.addEventListener&&”undefined”!=typeof URL&&(d.wp=d.wp||{},d.wp.receiveEmbedMessage||(d.wp.receiveEmbedMessage=function(e){var t=e.data;if((t||t.secret||t.message||t.value)&&!/[^a-zA-Z0-9]/.test(t.secret)){for(var s,r,n,a=l.querySelectorAll(‘iframe[data-secret=”‘+t.secret+'”]’),o=l.querySelectorAll(‘blockquote[data-secret=”‘+t.secret+'”]’),c=new RegExp(“^https?:$”,”i”),i=0;i<o.length;i++)o[i].style.display="none";for(i=0;i<a.length;i++)s=a[i],e.source===s.contentWindow&&(s.removeAttribute("style"),"height"===t.message?(1e3<(r=parseInt(t.value,10))?r=1e3:~~r<200&&(r=200),s.height=r):"link"===t.message&&(r=new URL(s.getAttribute("src")),n=new URL(t.value),c.test(n.protocol))&&n.host===r.host&&l.activeElement===s&&(d.top.location.href=t.value))}},d.addEventListener("message",d.wp.receiveEmbedMessage,!1),l.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){for(var e,t,s=l.querySelectorAll("iframe.wp-embedded-content"),r=0;r<s.length;r++)(t=(e=s[r]).getAttribute("data-secret"))||(t=Math.random().toString(36).substring(2,12),e.src+="#?secret="+t,e.setAttribute("data-secret",t)),e.contentWindow.postMessage({message:"ready",secret:t},"*")},!1)))}(window,document);//# sourceURL=https://wltreport.com/wp-includes/js/wp-embed.min.js
Now, that shelter-in-place order has been lifted.
The Austin PD released this statement:
UPDATE: The shelter in place for the south Austin area has been lifted, and two suspects are in custody. One remains at large in the Manor area. More information to follow. https://t.co/8ZBsDsjbvc
— Austin Police Department (@Austin_Police) May 17, 2026
The two suspects who were arrested appear to be Hispanic males, aged 15 and 17 years old.
Here are the details:
🇺🇸 2 teens (15 & 17) arrested after a night of stealing cars, robbing people, and spraying bullets across the city.
They hit homes, businesses, and even 2 fire stations.
4 innocent people shot. One suspect is still on the loose.
Source: Austin PD https://t.co/tNjyD6Cn41 pic.twitter.com/7h5tBeKagS
— Mario Nawfal (@MarioNawfal) May 18, 2026
Police are currently searching for the third suspect.
Fox 7 Austin reported further:
During a Sunday evening press conference, Austin Police Chief Lisa Davis said a 15-year-old and a 17-year-old were taken into custody after a string of shootings, vehicle thefts and robberies across South and East Austin.
Authorities said the 17-year-old had an active warrant for stealing a firearm from the same store where the 15-year-old allegedly stole another gun Saturday. Investigators believe the suspects stole more than four vehicles during the spree and may have switched vehicles multiple times.
Police are investigating at least 12 separate incidents involving gunfire that began Saturday afternoon and continued into Sunday morning. The shootings struck apartment buildings, homes, businesses and two Austin Fire Department stations.
One fire truck was struck while firefighters were standing nearby, police said.
ADVERTISEMENTFour people were shot during the incident. Austin-Travis County EMS said three victims suffered non-life-threatening injuries, while one victim sustained critical injuries and was transported to a local trauma center after receiving whole blood treatment at the scene.
That victim is now listed in stable condition, officials said.
Here’s another photo of two of the suspects:
10 "random" shootings in Austin. Police still are not naming the 2 suspects. pic.twitter.com/MtkYp8JZB2
— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) May 18, 2026
This evening, the Manor PD gave a press briefing providing an update on the situation.
You can watch it here:
🚨 FULL UPDATE FROM MANOR POLICE (as of ~8 PM Sunday):
Manor PD conducted an extensive search involving nearly 200 officers, K9 units, SWAT, helicopter, and drone support for the third suspect in the Austin shooting spree.
Key details:
• Two teenage suspects (15 and 17 years… pic.twitter.com/Q9TGKMMAVq
— Gunther Eagleman™ (@GuntherEagleman) May 18, 2026
FULL UPDATE FROM MANOR POLICE (as of ~8 PM Sunday):
Manor PD conducted an extensive search involving nearly 200 officers, K9 units, SWAT, helicopter, and drone support for the third suspect in the Austin shooting spree.
Key details:
• Two teenage suspects (15 and 17 years old) are in custody after a vehicle pursuit and crash in the Manor area.
• The third suspect fled on foot during the traffic stop and remains at large.
ADVERTISEMENT• Description: Hispanic male, mid-to-late teens, last seen wearing a gray shirt and black bottoms.
• Shelter-in-place order for affected Manor neighborhoods (including areas around FM 973, Ralph Ritchie, Suncrest, etc.) has been lifted.
• Police believe the suspect could be hiding in a shed, under a car, drainage ditch, or may have left the area entirely.
“The possibilities are endless.”
Residents are urged to remain vigilant, lock doors, and call 911 immediately if they see anything suspicious.
The broader investigation involves up to 12 random shootings across Austin (including at two fire stations), with 4 people injured (one critically). No clear motive
This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.






