President Trump dropped a stunning new 2020 election claim Tuesday—and demanded that Congress act on election integrity.
In a Truth Social post amplified by the White House, the president said the U.S. Census Bureau had begun checking 2020 voter records against federal citizenship records.
President Trump said the first 128 million records produced more than 24,000 noncitizens who voted illegally, with another 32 million records still waiting to be analyzed.
The White House posted the president’s full statement alongside the government graphic at the center of the story:
"The Census Bureau has begun checking the Voter Records from 2020 against their Citizenship Records. On the first 128,000,000 Voters, the Census Bureau proves that over 24,000 Noncitizens voted illegally! The Census Bureau is going to analyze the next 32,000,000 Voters, and this… pic.twitter.com/7l86IVVHNY
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) August 18, 2026
“I WON THE ELECTION!” President Trump wrote. “We must pass THE SAVE AMERICA ACT.”
The graphic itself describes a “beginning analysis” of noncitizen voting in the 2020 election. It lists 160 million ballots cast, 128 million voter records linked to U.S. citizens, more than 24,000 voter records linked to noncitizens, and 32 million records not yet analyzed.
It also carries Census Bureau Disclosure Review Board approval number CBDRB-FY26-0285.
The Gateway Pundit reports that the citizenship determination shown in the federal materials combined the absence of a U.S. birth record, naturalization record, passport or other proof of citizenship with affirmative immigration indicators. Those indicators reportedly included green-card, visa, foreign-student, DACA, enforcement and other federal noncitizen records.
The report also points to the country-of-birth breakdown displayed in the government graphic. Mexico accounted for 3,800 of the linked records, followed by Canada at 950, the Philippines and Jamaica at 900 each, Germany at 700, the United Kingdom at 650, Cuba at 450, and Vietnam, Haiti and South Korea at 400, 400 and 350.
Birth-country data was unavailable for roughly 7,000 records.
Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick went on record with the administration’s strongest interpretation of the result.
The Department of Commerce’s Census Bureau just released its analysis showing more than 24,000 noncitizens illegally voted in the 2020 election. More than 32 million more voters’ records will be…
— Howard Lutnick (@howardlutnick) August 18, 2026
Lutnick stressed that the administration views the matches as ballots cast, rather than names sitting on registration lists. He said the additional 32 million records could push the number higher.
There is an important distinction in the material released publicly so far.
President Trump and Secretary Lutnick say the records establish illegal votes. The government graphic uses the more precise phrase “voter records linked to noncitizens.” The White House post and graphic do not include the full methodology, error-review process, state-by-state distribution or case-level validation behind the 24,000 figure.
A separate Census Bureau presentation from May described how researchers use protected identification keys and probabilistic matching to connect commercial voter-registration records with federal administrative datasets. That earlier project explicitly measured the quality of commercial voter files—not official local election-office rolls—and carried different disclosure-review numbers, so it should not be confused with Tuesday’s new graphic.
The public deserves the full new report, including the matching rules, false-positive safeguards, state breakdown and evidence showing which linked records actually cast ballots.
This video summary captured both the scale of the initial match and the questions that remain:
🚨 President Trump Cites Census Bureau Findings on Noncitizen Voting in 2020 Records.
President Trump announced that the Census Bureau’s initial review of 128 million 2020 voter records identified over 24,000 potential noncitizen voters. He stated that analysis of an additional… pic.twitter.com/SbQrwFTQsQ
— Morse Report (@MorseReport) August 18, 2026
One illegal vote is one too many. Every unlawful ballot cancels the voice of an American citizen who followed the rules.
But proving that the 2020 result changed requires more than a national total. It requires verified ballots, state-level locations and comparison with the decisive margins.
Those details have not yet been released with the graphic.
That is why transparency now matters so much. If the administration’s interpretation is backed by case-level evidence, the records should be referred for prosecution and made public to the fullest extent the law allows.
And Congress should not wait for another election scandal before requiring documentary proof of citizenship for federal voter registration.
President Trump has put the issue back in front of the country. Now the Census Bureau and the Department of Commerce must release the receipts behind the number—and finish the remaining 32 million records.
This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.






