A federal judge sentenced Aimee Bock to 500 months in prison on Thursday for orchestrating one of the largest pandemic-era fraud schemes in the country.

That is just over 41 years behind bars.

Bock, the founder and executive director of the Minnesota nonprofit Feeding Our Future, was convicted earlier this year for her role in a $250 million fraud scheme that exploited a federally funded child nutrition program.

She was also ordered to pay $243 million in restitution to the federal government.

Ant Gockowski broke the news on X:

ADVERTISEMENT

The mechanics of this fraud were staggering in both scale and audacity.

The official Department of Justice release laid out how big the scheme became:

Bock and Salim Said were convicted by a federal jury for roles in a $250 million fraud scheme that exploited the Federal Child Nutrition Program. Prosecutors said the operation falsely claimed to have served 91 million meals and fraudulently received nearly $250 million in federal funds.

The DOJ record shows Feeding Our Future moved from receiving and disbursing about $3.4 million in federal funds in 2019 to nearly $200 million in 2021. The organization opened more than 250 food-program sites across Minnesota, and the government said the proceeds helped buy luxury vehicles, real estate in Minnesota, Ohio, Kentucky, Kenya, and Turkey, plus international travel.

The trial ended with Bock convicted on wire fraud, conspiracy, bribery, and federal-programs bribery counts. Said was convicted on wire fraud, bribery, money laundering, and related conspiracy counts.

This was a program that existed on paper to feed needy children during the pandemic. In practice, taxpayer dollars were being siphoned through fake meal claims and shell-company machinery.

Axios added the sentencing details and restitution figure:

Bock received 41.5 years in prison, the harshest sentence handed down so far in the Feeding Our Future case. She was also ordered to pay $243 million back to the federal government.

The case has become a national marker for pandemic-era fraud enforcement. Close to 80 people have been charged in connection with Feeding Our Future, and more than 60 have either been convicted or pleaded guilty, according to the local Axios report.

ADVERTISEMENT

Federal prosecutors had pushed for a 50-year sentence, arguing that the scale of the theft demanded a punishment that would deter others who see taxpayer-funded benefit programs as easy money.

The sentence also follows fresh federal attention on Minnesota fraud investigations involving government-subsidized programs. That broader backdrop is why the Bock sentence is being watched beyond Minnesota: it gives federal prosecutors a massive benchmark in a scandal that turned pandemic relief into a nationwide warning sign for any state agency that let emergency money move faster than basic oversight and ordinary taxpayer safeguards at national scale.

The sentencing arrives as President Trump’s administration keeps pushing a wider crackdown on fraud in federal benefit programs, with Minnesota drawing intense scrutiny.

Dustin Grage put the case in context:

A federal jury convicted Bock and co-defendant Salim Said in March 2025 for their roles in the scheme. The broader case involves many additional defendants at various stages of the legal process.

Forty-one years is a serious sentence. It reflects the scale of the theft and the nature of the victims: American taxpayers who thought their money was going to feed children.

Accountability like this is exactly what the system is supposed to deliver when fraud reaches a quarter of a billion dollars.

This is a Guest Post from our friends over at WLTReport. View the original article here.

 

Join The Conversation. Leave a Comment.