During an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash, White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway revealed that she was physically assaulted by a woman at a Washington, D.C.-area restaurant last year while with her middle-school-aged daughter and several of her daughter’s friends.
Kellyanne Conway told CNN’s Dana Bash, “I was, uh, assaulted in a restaurant.” Bash quickly jumped in, “Assaulted how?” Conway told Bash, “And that person has to go to court now.” Bash asked again, “Assaulted how?” Conway continued, “I was standing next to my daughter and many of her friends at dinner. I mean she was right here next to me.” Conway pointed to show that her daughter was standing directly next to her. She continued, “Somebody was grabbing me from behind, grabbed my arms and was shaking me, to the point that I thought maybe somebody was hugging me, one of the other parents coming to pick up his or her daughter…and then as I turned around, it just felt weird, I felt like well, that’s a little aggressive.”
Conway explained that as she turned around and faced the stranger attacking her at the restaurant, she could see that the woman was “just unhinged.” Conway to Bash, “She was out of control. I don’t even know how to explain it to you. Her whole face was terror and anger and just—” Conway pointed to her face, saying, “She was right here.”
A frustrated Conway told Bash, “And she oughta pay for that. Because she has no right to touch anybody, I said ‘get your hand off me'” She just wouldn’t stop.” Conway told Bash, “This woman thinks it’s okay to put her hands on someone, and it’s not.”
Conway then told Bash that while the confrontation was going on, her daughter was videotaping what happened.
The White House senior advisor told Bash that she had to call 9-11 and that she hasn’t talked about it publicly because other kids were there.
Watch, as Bash goes on to blame President Trump after the interview is with Conway is over for her assault, and ends the segment by offering a statement of innocence from the alleged attacker.
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 8, 2019
Last year, unhinged Democrat lawmaker Maxine Waters (D-CA) encouraged her supporters to go after and threaten anyone in the Trump administration in public spaces, saying:
“They’re not going to be able to go to a restaurant, they’re not going to be able to stop at a gas station, they’re not going to be able to shop at a department store. The people are going to turn on them, they’re going to protest, they’re going to absolutely harass them.”
According to Fox News, The 63-year-old woman named Mary Elizabeth Inabinett has been charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct, according to the Associated Press, citing court records.